Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I am the only one who can change my mind and my heart

I am pleased to introduce myself to you. I am a very simple woman who has been looking for a simple, smooth and quiet life. I have struggled, fought and lived under pressure for long years. My dreams were so humble; finding happiness and peace of mind. Weren't they so simple and so humble? I have always dreamed of someone to love me, understand me and make me happy. Was I so greedy or so demanding? I couldn't understand why life was depriving me of my needs when I was asking so little? I wished I could find a way to change all that and get all I want. It was my right, wasn't it?

Yes, of course, it was my right. It was my right to be happy, to be understood, to find peace of mind and find love and happiness. The only thing that wasn't right is my belief of who is responsible for that? Who will make me happy? Who can get my needs met? Who will realize my dreams?

Nobody! Nobody will make me happy, nobody will get my needs met, nobody will realize my dreams for me, nobody other than MYSELF.

Yes, that's what I have learned. I learned that I am the only one responsible for my own happiness. I learned that I need to love myself first. I learned that I won't be understood until I understand myself. I learned that I won't get my needs met until I do it for myself. I realized that I need to work on myself, not others, to change my life.


6 comments:

  1. That is so true, real happiness comes from within :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true, and so wise! Beautiful post Nihad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you're on the right track habeeebeee :) :)
    Enjoy your GROWTH & HAPPINESS journey :) :) This self-discovery process is simply amazing :)

    Dania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jenny, really miss you:)
    These are the fruits of being coached by 2 great coaches you and Dania:)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Dania,
    you couldn't imagine how long it took me to take this step, I was so afraid to do it but finally i realized that the only way to do it is just "JUMP IN" the cold water:))no other way to do it and thanks God that i did it because now I feel it's a real commitment to blog my learning and my search for happiness and I am sure I will find it as long as I have such great coaches like you, Jenny, Rouane and all other peers an instructor at ICA.:)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Hend for taking the time to check my blog:)
    I checked yours and wanted to add a comment on your post but unfortunately couldn't,i don't know why, i liked your post about little miracles and I will take some time to notice them around me because they add a special flavor to life and make us find joy and happiness in every moment:)) thanks.

    ReplyDelete