Monday, April 4, 2011

Anger

Anger is one of the worst and most destructive emotions we can ever have. We feel angry with ourselves, with others and with the world. With anger we feel victim and helpless, in addition anger brings hatred and we become aggressive toward everything and everybody. Anger is like a flood that may destroy all signs of life. Angry people never care who or what they are destroying.


It isn't impossible to overcome anger, but first we have to deal with the stubborn obstacle that we will surely face which is pain. Pain and hurt are the main reasons behind our anger. Pain is an unpleasant feeling that I really hate especially the emotional one, for me it is the most hurtful. I believe I experienced emotional pain for long time that's why I feel unable to bear any kind of pain any more.


While looking for a treatment for my anger I thought about gratitude because of the feeling of peace, satisfaction and happiness that it brings, it may calm down pain and anger. Looking for the opportunities of learning and growth that pain brings can help to accept that pain is necessary to realize the moments of relief.
Thinking every day about what I am thankful for first thing in the morning and keeping it before my eyes all day long may help to reduce my anger and my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment