Sunday, May 29, 2011

How to conduct a simpler life?


    I keep thinking about how to improve my life, bring more happiness, more energy and live in peace with myself and the universe. I thought about how to simplify my life and what benefits it can bring to my life?

   I found some tips that may help to make my life simpler and I like to share them with you. The first step is to focus on my priorities and do what really matters for me, keep what is really important to me in my house, my office and my mind. Keeping only what is important has a very positive impact on the clarity of the mind and the thoughts. It makes me feel satisfied, peaceful and relaxed at the end of the day, in addition to feeling productive and successful.
Being organized about the important things I decided to keep in my life is the second step to make my life simpler, stuff that I need frequently (daily or weekly) is to be kept in the foreground but other stuff less needed (monthly or occasionally) is to be kept in the background.  By foreground I mean a close place as drawers or lower shelves in my closet while background can be higher shelves in the same closet.  The same can be applied in the office; the essential is to keep stuff frequently needed so close to not waste a lot of time and energy to find.  The hardest part is to keep only important stuff in my mind; currently I don't know exactly how to do it but I think that keeping an agenda or to do list to follow can help but it will never prevent negative thoughts and self  talks to invade my mind. I think it needs to be elaborated more deeply in another post.
Keeping  my environment clean and beautiful, is the third step. By doing so I am sending myself a message  that I love and respect myself; as I keep my house clean for my guests because they are important to me; I keep all my life clean and beautiful because I am telling myself that I am important to ME.
Be consistent with the past 3 rules until I make it a habit is the fourth step.
The fifth and last step is to recheck regularly that I am living by these rules especially keeping only important stuff ; it is the maintenance step.

    I think that these steps not only will make physical space in my life to be able to add new things but  they are making space for more positive energy to come into my life.

Please feel free to share your comments, ideas and thoughts to simplify our life, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment